Product Liability Lawyers
Georgia Product Liability Attorneys Hold Those Responsible for Defective Products Accountable
Georgia Law Firm Represents Plaintiffs Injured by Defective and Dangerous Products
Manufacturers are required to ensure that their products are designed and made properly, that quality control systems are in place to prevent defective products from entering the market, and that adequate directions and warning labels are readily available to protect consumers.
If a consumer is injured by a defective or dangerous product while using the product as it was meant to be used, the manufacturer, designer, distributor, wholesaler, and retailer may be held liable for the injury in a product liability lawsuit.
Types of Product Liability Lawsuits
There are basically three types of product liability lawsuits:
- Design defects – An injury resulting from a flaw in the design of a product, even though the product was created as intended
- Manufacturing defects – An injury arising when something went wrong in the manufacturing process of a product, causing a consumer to suffer harm
- Failure to warn – An injury that occurs when the manufacturer of a product fails to tell consumers that using the product in an intended or foreseeable way can be dangerous
In order to prove a product liability lawsuit in Georgia, a consumer must prove that a defective product caused their injuries and that the product:
- Was defective at the time of the injury
- Caused the injury
- Was in substantially the same condition as it was when it left the manufacturer
- Was intended to be used or was being used in a manner foreseeable to the defendant
Were you injured on someone else’s property due to the property owner’s negligence? The Law Firm of Alton C. Todd has been representing plaintiffs in product liability cases for more than three decades. Contact us online or call 770-645-8633
770-645-8633and schedule your free initial consultation today.